October 11, 2011

pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies

Did you have a nice weekend?
I'm not sure what day it is. But I think we just got finished with the weekend.


We went to support a friend who ran the Chicago marathon on Sunday. She did really well, I'm so proud of her! It was inspiring to be there, to say the least. And surprisingly emotional. I have so so much respect for people who do that. I hope to be one of those people someday. It's kind of a bucket list thing for me, but I haven't done anything about it. Eeep.

When the race was done we had to walk like 18 blocks to get back to our car and I was complaining about it, and then I had to check myself because people just ran 26.2 miles and all I did was watch and eat cookies. Literally, I brought these cookies with us. That doesn't even make sense.



Okay so these are more like cakies, if we're being honest. But oh man.
They are so wonderful.
I know I just said that about the pumpkin scones I made, I know I may be getting repetitive be getting repetitive. But I also know you want to use pumpkin in everything right now, like I do.

Pumpkin pancakes? Yes.
Pumpkin cream cheese? Okay.
Pumpkin coffee? Grande please.



Just to let you know, I'm pretty sure white chocolate chips were made to be in this cookie.

I used Ariela Pelaia's recipe from here, with only a couple very minor changes.


Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 ¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
2 Tablespoons milk (I used whole)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup canned (or fresh!) pumpkin puree
2 ¾ cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt (I used kosher)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice or ground cloves
2+ cups white chocolate chips (depending on how chippy you want your cookies)

Melt butter in the microwave until just melted. Set aside.
Sift flour into a medium bowl and add salt, baking soda, and spices and combine.
Pour the melted butter into the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. (You can also use a large bowl and a hand held mixer.) Add both sugars and cream on medium speed until slightly fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the whole egg, egg yolk, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
Add the flour mixture ½ a cup at a time, mixing between additions. Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill dough for approximately two hours in the fridge, or more. (even overnight)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Remove dough from fridge and use an ice cream scoop to scoop generous, rounded balls of dough onto baking sheet, spacing them two inches apart. (you can spray your ice cream scoop with baking spray if you want.)

Bake for 14 minutes at 375 degrees.

Storage: These cookies will keep in an airtight container for 1 week.
Freezing: To save cookie dough for later baking, freeze raw balls of cookie dough on a cookie sheet before transferring to a freezer-safe airtight container. Dough will keep for 1 month. To bake, place frozen dough on lined cookie sheet and proceed as above, adding 2-5 minutes to baking time, depending on your oven.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY Goodness! I'm totally making these. Yummy!
    -Abby

    ReplyDelete