September 6, 2011

green bean salad with feta and dill

Did you have a good Labor Day weekend? I hope so.


Want to know what I did for the holiday weekend?
I fed the mosquitos.


I sacrificed my body to the little bloodsuckers for the sake of camping in the woods. These weren't just any mosquitos, no, I think they're special mosquitos. Mosquitos that have built up an immunity to Off. Mosquitos on steroids. Bold, persistent mosquitos.

I counted 16 bites on the front of the upper half of my right leg. Like from knee to hip, just on the top side. 
I hope those mosquitos choke on my blood and die.


But you know what else I did for the holiday weekend?
I camped in the woods with some of my favorite people. We ate hot dogs around the campfire, and spun around in the dark, and had volleyball tournaments, and played scattergories under tarps in the rain. We ate s'mores (have you ever spread peanut butter on your graham cracker first? Amazing.) and drank instant coffee in the cool of the morning, and laughed until we almost peed our pants. We all sacrificed our bodies to the mosquitos together and it was so worth it. I wouldn't trade it.

This has nothing to do with green bean salad. But. Make this salad anyway, it is so delicious. The green beans are crunchy and the dressing is tangy and the feta is cheesy and it will make you happy.


Green Bean Salad with Feta and Dill
Serves 2

About 2 cups of fresh green beans
1/4 cup of a vinaigrette dressing, like Italian Dressing. I used Brianna's French Vinaigrette.
2-3 T. crumbled feta
2 T. chopped red onion
2 T. chopped fresh dill

Cook beans in boiling water about 3 minutes or until tender crisp (I like mine on the crispier side, but if you prefer a little more cooked, increase time to 4 minutes or so). Drain and rinse well with cold water to stop cooking. Toss beans with dressing, cheese, onion and dill in a bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment