May 21, 2011

cucumber, tomato and avocado salad

 

 You guys.
I have made my husband fall in love with vegetables.
Three vegetables, to be exact. And only in this dressing.


It's a conditional love, but love nonetheless.

 

Seriously he asked for this two nights in a row. He even went to the store the second night just to get a tomato and an avocado so I could make it. Actions speak louder than words. And the words were speaking pretty loud.

 

This is a perfect, perfect summer salad. It's incredibly light and fresh-tasting, with just enough depth of flavor from the oil and vinegar.
Take it to a picnic, have it on the patio, eat it in the car with the top down. So hood.

Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado Salad
Serves 2

1/2 Cucumber, peeled and sliced, with the slices then cut in half
1/2 Tomato, coarsely chopped
1/2 Avocado, coarsely chopped
1 T. olive oil (I use lemon-infused)
1 T. red wine vinegar
1/2 T. sugar
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper

Add cucumber and tomato to a bowl and sprinkle with all of the ingredients except the avocado. Toss well to coat. Add avocado and toss gently.

You may need to play with the amounts of things for the flavor you want. I actually didn't measure things so these are estimations.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great. I just subscribed to your blog, so that I'll be able to find the recipe again in a couple weeks when my cucumbers and tomatoes are ready to harvest! Thanks for the recipe. My avocado loving husband will be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I made these twice already and they were super! PLus they are all my favorite vegetables! I used rice vinegar in place of the red wine vinegar and I thought it tasted great, but I will have to try the red wine vinegar when I have it.

    ReplyDelete